If you want to be eco-friendly go green, here are ideas & Suggestion for the office and daily life style which will rock your world. Super affordable to implement and highly effective to save money.
Go Green Around the Clock
- Computers, Laptops
- Office Equipment
- Office Stationary
- Home Electronics
- Home Improvements
- Kitchens Improvements
- Daily Needs
- Motors Vehicles
- Laptop takes 5 times less electricity as comparative to desktop.
- Computer need to turn off when its not in use as those computer runs 24 hours a day consume more energy than the efficient refrigerator
- Computer If you’ll be away from your computer for more than 20 minutes, change it to “sleep mode”
- Computer Decrease the brightness of your monitor.
- Computer Use small monitors instead of big ones.The bigger they are the more energy they will use
- Computer Use a fan inside your cabinet instead of that huge ac to cool the PC.
- Computer Use liquid crystal display (LCD) monitors instead of cathode ray tube (CRT) monitors. An LCD monitor only uses approximately 28 watts whereas a CRT monitor uses approximately 100 watts.
- Office Equipment Use an Ink Jet printer and turn it on only when printing.From least to greatest energy consumed printer technologies order like this:
Dot Matrix ⇒ Ink Jet ⇒ Laser
- Air conditioner :Good air conditioner will cool and dehumidify a room in 30 minutes. use the timer and leave the unit off for some time.
- Air conditioner :Clean AC filters on every a month , which help the unit to cool down quickly and use less energy.
- Refrigerator:All at least six inch of space for air circulation between the refrigerator and the wall. This allows heat generator by compressor and motor to escape.
- Refrigerator: Dirty coils can make your refigerator work harder, clean them monthly.
- Fan Cooling : As fan can make feel of 4 degree cooling to a room, it was the first line of defense against summer heat
- Lighting : Avoid artificial lighting in the duration of day time, tried to open the curtains and enjoy the light.
- Lighting :Install dimmer switches in the living and dining rooms and three bedrooms to dial down electricity fees.
- Saver Power: Turn off Fans, kitchen chimini, bath and other exhaust with in 20 minutes after cooking or bathing.
- CFL Bulbs: are 4 times more efficient in terms of energy than incandescent bulbs.
- Install dimmer switches in the living and dining rooms and three bedrooms to dial down electricity fees
- Water heater if you wrap an insulation blanket around your water heater and lower its running cost as much as 9 percent.
- Dish washer if you run a full dishwasher whenever possible — it uses half or less of the water and energy of washing the same dishes by hand. And don’t waste water by rinsing before loading
- Roof in summer:Paint roof with white colour which reflect the sunlight and improve the heat island effect by upto 80% as with the comparison of ordinary roof.
- Replace the Filter regularly a new oxygen sensor alone can improve mileage by as much as 15 percent.
- Tyre air pressure once a month, check the pressure of each of the tires against the guidelines listed in your car’s manual; add air if needed. Doing this can improve mileage by about 3 percent.
- Use cloth napkins instead of paper napkins at dinner.