Some Interesting Facts about human body
- After a certain period of growth, hair becomes dormant. That means that it is attached to the hair follicle until replace by new hair.
- Man loose hair about 40 hair a day. Woman loose 70 hair a day.
- A human hair can hold approximate 3 kgs weight
- Its a fastest growing tissue in the human body.
- Hair can cover the whole body however you will never find on soles of the feet, Palms of the hands and lips.
- Gender is the only thing that can not be identified by a hair strand.
- The human head contains 22 bones.
- Human head remains conscious for about 15 to 20 seconds after it is been decapitated.
- Average weight of human head weighs about 8 pounds.
- There are approximately 550 in an eyebrow.
- Eyebrow grooming has been around since the Renaissance era , where people actually shaved off their eyebrows. Facial grooming originated as far back as the times of Cleopatra.
- Our eyes are always the same size from birth.
- On an average man blink 15000 times in a day, woman blink twice as much as men.
- The muscle that lets your eye blink is the fastest muscle in your body.
- We do not see with our eyes- we see with our brains. Eyes work like an camera of the brain and it would have 576 mega pixels.
- The eyeball of a human weighs approximately 28 gms.
- It is impossible to sneeze with open eyes.
- Eyelid has the thinnest skin
- Eyes are the second most complex organ after the brain.
- When you blink one eye, you move over 200 muscles.
- Your nose can remember 50,000 different scents
- Your nose is the same length as your thumb.
- Nose and ear are the only areas that continue to grow and develop until you die.
- You can not inhale through your nose and talk at the same time.
- While sleeping human have no sense of smell.
- You see you nose all time, but your brain ignore it.
- Your nose directly connected to the brain due to this smell can trigger powerful memories.
- When you lie the temperature of your nose actually rise, which is know as ” Pinocchio effect”.
- Every person has a unique tongue print.
- We have four basic taste buds plus umami, The salt and sweet taste bud are the tip of the tongue, bitter at the base and sour along the sides, umami is a mixture of the tastes sensed along the center of the tongue. unless food is mixed with saliva you can not taste it.
- Its is impossible to lick your elbow, but for few its possible.
- Tongue is the strongest muscle in the human body.
- Your mouth produces 1 liter ( 1.8 pints) of saliva a day.
- On average, we breath 23,000 times a day.
- Its possible to sneeze and keep one’s eyes open at the same time.
- 55%people yawn with in 5 minutes of seeing some one else yawn.
- The visible part of teeth is named the crown.
- Tooth enamel is the hardest mater in the human body.
- Baby start smiling in their sleep as soon as they are born.
- There are around 19 types of smiles all expressing different emotions.
- It takes 7 seconds for food to pass from mouth to stomach.
- Your mouth is made of the same skin cells as a Vagina.
- 94% women like to be kissed on their neck.
- Chest hair grows in a mathematical pattern.
- Fingernails grow nearly 4 times faster than toenails.
- Middle finger grows fastest.
- Your thumb is the same length as your nose.
- There are typically between 10,000 to 10 million bacteria on each of your hands.
- Its is impossible to lick your elbow, but for few its possible
- The length from your wrist to your elbow is the same as the length of your foot.
- The acid in your stomach is so powerful it can dissolve a razor blade with in a week.
- When you blush your stomach lining also reddens.
- We use 300 muscles just to keep our balance when we stand.
- Soles of feet has the thickest skin.
- Your feet have an estimated 25% of the total number of bones in your entire body.
- There are approximately 250,000 sweets glands in pair of human feet.
- Approximately two-third of the person body weight is water. Blood is 92% water. The brain is 75% water and muscles are 75% water.
- If the amount of water in your body is reduce by only 1%, than you will feel thirsty.
- A person can live without food for about a month, but only about a week without water.
- You will drink about 75,000 liters of water in your life time.
- There are 100,000 miles of blood vessels in an adult human body.
- Liver is the largest of the body internal organs. The skin is the body largest body organ.
- An adult human being is made up of around 7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 atoms
- Your heart beats 101,000 times a day, During your lifetime it will beat about 3 billions time and pump about 400 million liters ( 800 million pints) of blood.
- The bones in body are not white, the range in colour from beige to light brown. The bones in museums seems white because they have been boiled and cleaned.
- Skin is the largest organ of the body.
- Bones are composed of 31% water