- Father name was Maharishi Debendranath Tagore, well known Hindu Rereformer and mystic.
- Mother name was Shrimati Sharada Devi.
- Born on May 7,1861 in Calcutta, ( Kolkota), West Bengal, India, into distinguish family
- December 9,1883 . He married Mrinalli Devi, They have five children two of them died before reaching adulthood.
- 1890, Tagore manage his family’s vast estate in Shilaldaha, a region now is in Bangladesh.
- Tagore received his education at home. He was taught in Bengali language with English lesson.
- He read the Bengali poets since his early age.
- First school was Oriental Seminary, Get education with various schooling : Normal School, Bengal Academy, St. Xavier School.
- By the age of eight years he started writing poetry by himself.
- Tagore was send in England 1878 for higher studies for Law at University of College, London
- Tagore left his college law to explore Shakespeare and more, He was called by his father and returned degree-less in 1880.
- Tagore represents the best of Modern and Ancient Indian Intellectual thoughts.
- His father wanted him to become a barrister and he was send to England also because of this reason.
- Tagore joined National Congress.
- Tagore lampooned the Swadeshi movement, and rebuked it in ” The Cut of the Charkha” an acrid 1925 essay.
- Swadeshi movement, beginning with Partition of Bengal in 1905 and continue till 1908.
- Tagore withdrew from the forefront of the nationalist movement after an eighteen year old, Khudiram Bose.